When you interact with our online services, or open emails we send you, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A cookie is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other internet connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon, also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our websites or emails.
We use these automated technologies to collect your device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described above. These technologies help us to;
- Remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it.
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails.
- Tailor our online services to your preferences.
- Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you.
- Otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
We set some of these automated technologies ourselves, but others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf. For example, we may use other companies' web analytic services that use automated technologies to help us evaluate how customers use our website.
Your browser can alert you when cookies are placed on your device, and how you can stop or disable them via your browser settings. Please note however that without cookies all the features of our online services may not work properly. If you use a mobile device, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by changing the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (i.e. for a custom order
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information.
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- If necessary, to comply with legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about purchases if required by tax law;
- And as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows;
- Service providers – We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services for our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers – If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws – We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
- Data Retention
- We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and as described. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce any agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: 4 years.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
- We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below;
- Access – You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete – You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object – You can object to (a) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain – If you reside in the UK or EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Anne Katherine Doherty, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via the Contact Page.